All requests to import project related items will be facilitated by the BOI according to the following procedure:
1. The enterprise is required to submit scanned copies of Covering Letter and Invoice/Proforma Invoice to the respective project officers (Senior Deputy Directors, Directors or Executive Director of the BOI Investment Appraisal Department by email.
2. Respective project officers will evaluate the request and recommend for approval. Approval will be communicated to the enterprise by return mail with BOI Investor Services, Engineering and Environment Departments on copy.
3. The enterprise is required to submit the layout diagrams and BOQs to the Executive Director, Engineering Approvals, BOI for quality certification of construction items.
4. When importing chemicals, the enterprise is required to submit MSDS/CSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) to the Director, Environment Management.
5. Based on the approval, you can submit imported CUSDECs to the Investor services department to proceed your import pls.
Contact details of officers may be accessed here: http://investsrilanka.com/contact/departments/
i. Please use the templates provided for import requests.
ii. The enterprise is required to ensure compliance of requested imports with the provisions of the prevailing Gazette issued by the Import Control Department.
iii. All import requisitions should be within the provisions of the respective agreements entered into with the BOI.