Starting from 18th August 2020, Chinese and foreign travellers who are to fly to China are required to obtain COVID-19 negative certificates within three (3) days – 72 hours prior to boarding.
Please read the below guidelines carefully prior to booking your flight with SriLankan Airlines. SriLankan Airlines will not be liable for any bookings made violating the above guidelines issued by the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka on the 25th September 2020.
- All passengers bound to China shall be required to obtain nucleic acid test results for COVID-19 at the designated hospitals within three (03) days - 72 hours prior to boarding the flights and only those who test negative will be allowed to board the aircraft. For the list of hospitals providing this test click here.
- Chinese passengers are required to upload photos of their COVID-19 negative reports to the WeChat mini program COVID-19 Prevention Health Code International Version within 12 hours after they get the reports. Green health codes with an "HS" mark will be issued by the Embassy after approval. Click here for frequently asked questions and answers.
- Foreign passengers are required to send the scanned copies of the COVID-19 negative reports, the data pages of valid passport, and the signed Health Declaration (download from here) to the e-mail address: email@example.com The Embassy will send the Health Declaration Forms with official seals after approval back to the passengers. Please print them out and bring them to the airport for inspection by the airlines before boarding.
- Foreign passengers ultimately bound for China (who transfer via other countries that require valid Health Declaration Forms for boarding) will also be required to show Health Declaration Forms during transfer. Please make sure that the forms are still valid when boarding the connecting flights. Visit this link and select the ‘ENGLISH’ version on the top right-hand corner of the page for more information about the Health Declaration Forms.
- If passengers from third countries are visiting Sri Lanka via scheduled flights of other airline carriers and then travel to China by SriLankan Airlines scheduled flights operating from Sri Lanka, they should obtain nucleic acid tests results for COVID-19 from the hospitals designated or recognized by relevant Chinese embassies or consulates at the place of departure within 72 hours prior to boarding the flight. Thus, the Sri Lankan Airlines staff in third countries will check the health codes or Health Declaration Forms before passengers boarding the flights.